Respected by manufacturers and agencies worldwide, Germany’s Eco Institut is an independent materials testing laboratory.
For 10 years eco-INSTITUT has been labelling low-pollutant and low-emission products for indoor use with eco-INSTITUT-Label.
eco-INSTITUT-Label is reliable quality label for products fulfilling strictest requirements on pollutants and emissions following the latest state of the art of international research and science.
For eco-INSTITUT-Label the following products can be be tested:
- Floor coverings
- Construction products
- Bedding goods
Testing criteria and scope
Extensive lab tests are performed. The focus is on emissions testing (outgassing) in the test chamber (according to ISO 16000).
Additionally, analyses of compounds – depending on product group – are performed on selected parametres such as heavy metals, pesticides, halogenorganic compounds.
Advantages of the eco-INSTITUT-Label for consumers
- Safety and no health risks due to comprehensive emission and toxicological testing
- Healthier products and thus less toxicological contamination in your home
- Advice on shopping decisions due to additional product information
- Transparent criteria of testing
- Data base with all certified products